Are you thinking planning to move or visit Paramaribo? Would you like to know the cost of living?
Global vision Paramaribo
- Cost of living = €€ (2/5)
- Happiness= ♥♥♥ (3/5)
- Life expectancy= 71.4 years
- Quality of environment= ☺☺☺ (3/5)
- Safety = Bad
Cost of Living in Paramaribo
Consult all the information in order to know how much it would cost you to live in Paramaribo (Suriname) whether you are traveling, living, working, vacationing or just curious. Below, we have made complete lists of data based on the cost of a wide variety of products, goods and services. Here you can find an updated travel guide and how it is to live in Paramaribo.
Prices in Supermarkets in Paramaribo
How much does it cost to fill the shopping cart in Paramaribo? Here you can discover prices of meats, fruits, vegetables, vegetables, legumes, dairy products, cereals, alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic beverages:
- 🍞 One loaf of bread (250g)= 0.54€
- 🥚A dozen eggs= 1.86€
- One kilo of chicken wings= 4.05€
- 🍏 1 kilogram of apples= 2.96€
- One liter of milk= 1.01€
- 🧀 One Kilogram of Local Cheese= 4.22€
- 🥗A Kilogram of lettuce= 2.1€
- One Kilogram of onions= 1.12€
- 🍟 1 Kilogram of potatoes= 1.51€
- 🍅 1 Kg of tomatoes= 2.89€
- 🍊1 Kg of oranges= 2.55€
- 🍌1 Kilogram of bananas= 1.28€
Prices in Restaurants in Paramaribo
How much does it cost to go out to eat in a restaurant in Paramaribo? Here you can discover the prices for a coffee, water, soft drinks, daily menus, hamburgers and restaurants:
- 🌯Food for one person in a cheap restaurant= 3.01€
- 🥘Food for two in a good restaurant= 36.15€
- 🍔Macdonals menu= 4.82€
- ☕️Coffee with milk in a cafeteria= 1.67€
- 🥤Can of soda (0.33l)= 0.6€
- Water bottle (0.33l)= 0.37€
Searches related to restaurants
-How much does a meal in Paramaribo cost?
-How much does a Paramaribo beer cost?
-How much does a bottle of water cost in Paramaribo?
-How much does it cost to eat in Paramaribo?
Salaries in Paramaribo (monthly)
What is the average salary in Paramaribo?
- Average salary in Paramaribo= 267.97€
Travel guide in Paramaribo
Travelling in Paramaribo:
- 🔌Power plugs= 115V 60Hz
- ⏱Average trip duration= 17 days
- 📲Best wireless carrier= Digicel Suriname
- 🚰Safe tap water= No, not drinkable
- Religious government= Non-religious
- 🏠Apartment listings= Airbnb
- ✈️Best short range airline= Surinam Airways
- ✈️Best international airline= Surinam Airways
- 👦🏻👧🏻Gender ratio m/f= 49% 51%
- ☕️Best coffee place= Puur
- ☕️Best 24/7 coffee place= Ondernemershuis Paramaribo
- 🏩Best hospital= Diakonessen Ziekenhuis
- 📡Internet speed avg= 4 Mbps
- 💸Tipping= No
Prices of footwear and clothes in Paramaribo
How much does a dress or jeans cost in Paramaribo?
- 👞A pair of leather shoes for suit= 84.29€
- 👖A pair of jeans= 44.7€
- 👗A summer dress for a woman= 31.11€
- 👟A pair of Nike sneakers= 60.63€
Searches related to clothes and shoes
-Cost of clothing in Paramaribo
-How much it costs to dress in Paramaribo
-How much is a pair of sneakers in Paramaribo?
Prices of Services in Paramaribo
How much does it cost to contract internet or a phone call in Paramaribo?
- 📡High-speed internet rate= 26.83€
- 1 month of water gas and electricity bill for a flat of 80 m2= 47.94€
- 1 minute call with a prepaid phone= 0.16€
- A cinema ticket= 3.31€
- Monthly gym membership= 16.51€
Transport prices in Paramaribo
How much is an urban transport ticket or a liter of gasoline cost in Paramaribo?
- One way ticket on public transport= 0.22€
- 🚕Standard initial taxi= 1.2€
- Monthly public transport pass= 2.41€
- One hour trip by taxi= 3.61€
- 1 Km standard taxi= 1.33€
- Toyota Corolla 1.6l 97kW= 4,016.6€
- Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline= 4,217.4€
- 1 liter of gasoline= 0.82€
Suggested transport searches
– How much does a car cost in Paramaribo?
– Price of a taxi in Paramaribo
Prices for buying or renting houses or apartments in Paramaribo
How much does it cost to rent or buy a house in Paramaribo?
- 🏫Monthly rental of a one-bedroom apartment in the center= 189.92€
- Monthly rental of a one-bedroom apartment in the suburbs= 148.89€
- 🏫Monthly rental of a 3-room apartment in the center= 402.99€
- 🏘Monthly rental of a 3-bedroom apartment in the suburbs= 332.72€
- Price per square meter of an apartment in the center= 141.40€
- Price per square meter of an apartment in the suburbs= 524.13€
Budget for Travelers in Paramaribo
How much money do you need in a day in Paramaribo?
- Budget low cost traveler*= 17.81€
- 👪Travel budget for a family of 1 children= 62.85€
- Travel budget for a family of 3 children= 113.20€
* Low cost travel budget (1 person for 1 day): this budget is adjusted for a backpacker and consists of 2 meals (on the street or in the market), one night in a hostel or hostel, two bottles of water, a beer and 1 metro or bus ticket.
Other important data in Suriname
Other important data:
- Inflation 2017= 0.093
- Inflation 2018= 0.0544
- Income per capita= 5,219.10€
- Unemployment Rate= 10%
- Number of inhabitants= 573,085
- Annual population growth= 0.01
- Annual growth of the total population= 4,784
- Population density/Km2= 4
- Area in km2= 156,000
- Number of migrants= -1,000
Quality Indices in Suriname
- Social security index= 0.00
- Individual’s freedom index= 0.00
- Generosity Index= 0.00
- Corruption perception index= 0.00